Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had some fun with this one. I had tore my fathers old deck down and was able to salvage some wood from it. I've been wanting to try a steamer style trunk for awhile now so I figured I'd see what I could make with stuff kicking around the shop. I left the outside aged but put poly over it. Ran the inside face through the planer to get a nice "new" appearance. 28" long and about 15" wide. Very heavy for its size too.

Attachments

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife likes it alot as well. She's probably hoping it doesn't sell this weekend but at $60 it's priced to move.lol

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Is that window hardware you used for the locks and handles? If so, I really like the idea and it's very clever. If not, I plan to use it as my own idea!! Great reuse of old material and a nice looking chest!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is that window hardware you used for the locks and handles? If so, I really like the idea and it's very clever. If not, I plan to use it as my own idea!! Great reuse of old material and a nice looking chest!
Thats exactly what it is. We're far enough away that you can claim it as your own idea if you want.lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice Job!!!! how heavy is it? 60.00? im suprised you still have it!!!!! thats cheap!!

It's probably between 40 and 50 pounds. I've been selling alot of stuff cheaper right now due to the lack of employment. Starting to think maybe I should just go into business for myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts