Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently started woodworking, my neighbor has helped me get into it. One of his buddies have given me a 1987 6" delta jointer with two extra sets of knives. I was wondering if there is a fool proof way to set the jointer knives perfectly, and where I could set my current sets of knives sharpened.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Depending on where you live you might find a local that sharpens. As far as setting the knives, there is no foolproof way. You would need a dial caliper to do it correctly and possibly one of the magnetic jigs. I did mine recently and just used my dial caliper. It took a little over an hour.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Please go to the intro section and let us know a bit about yourself. Look at my posting info... you can find me if you want too. This is a secure site full of folks wanting to talk woodworking and nothing else. I've met a few local woodworkers because they noticed my home town and helped a few (glad to share my knowledge).

As for setting planer knives... you seem to know they need to be perfect. Welcome to WWT

1 - 3 of 3 Posts