Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an old Craftsman tablesaw a while back, motor shot, covered with rust. Took the table extensions off and dunked the table in the electrolysis bucket. Did 1/2 at a time as I didn't have a bucket big enough. Did half, coated cleaned half with paste wax after cleaning/drying, then did other half. Cleaned it up and coated whole thing with paste wax. Still a slight rust stain, but it's down to where the original mill marks show. After the cutout is made and the new plate fitted, will finish cleanup on the surface. IF, that is , the cutout goes ok.

Attachments

·
Log dog
7,933 Posts
It's a beautiful thing ain't it?
Looks real good so far. Can't wait to see it all done.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Thats awesome!! Im glad you posted this. Im getting ready to start a table saw restore and theres no way Im scrubbing that top now!! So, roughly how long did this process take? Im thinking I might build a tempory tank and line it with plastic so I can do the entire top.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Each half took overnight - started it one afternoon, finished morning of 2nd day. This morning had to wait until the ice melted enough to break it up to get the top out! If you can do the whole thing at once, probably 24 hours in the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts