Woodworking Talk banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
The harbor freight has Mt 1 and the rocker has the Mt 2 and the bigger spindle
No it dosnt. I own this lathe, why is everyone fighting me on this. Yes theres a misprint on the specs page at HF. Its the exact same lathe. I got my lathe from HF, my extension from Rockler and just ordered an extra belt from Grizzly. They all sell the same lathe.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
No it dosnt. I own this lathe, why is everyone fighting me on this. Yes theres a misprint on the specs page at HF. Its the exact same lathe. I got my lathe from HF, my extension from Rockler and just ordered an extra belt from Grizzly. They all sell the same lathe.
Quite right -- that HF lathe is MT2 head and tail, I've checked it over several times at the store.

The misprint on the website probably costs them a few sales.

·
2,442 Posts
Quite right -- that HF lathe is MT2 head and tail, I've checked it over several times at the store.

The misprint on the website probably costs them a few sales.
Yeah I was just thinking the same. As long as this has been confirmed you would think they would have updated the page by now.

·
2,442 Posts
Its only rear access to the belt but its not bad. I change it in less than 30 seconds. I leave the belt cover off since theres never any hands back there when the machine is running. The cover has a thumb screw hold down so thats the longest part of changing speeds.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I also have the HF 10 X 18 5 Speed Wood Lathe and the Bed Extension from Rockler. Had the lathe almost 2 years. Made hundreds of pens, some bottle stoppers, duck calls, turkey calls and peppermills. It will do the job. Oh yes, it is a MT2.

Ray

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.