Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well since we here in SC are in our 2nd full week of daily rain storms and its too humid to put the finish on the crib I started another project. I placed The Bic lighter is for size reference,

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its still raining and tropical humidity, so worked on chairs. They are part of table and chair set for grandchildren. I did not like the straight back so I went on an adventure and cut a slightly curved back . Now figuring spindles or slats and how to attach them

Attachments

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Mike, The adventure continues, I found a bullet with my bandsaw that was on the same board that I found a nail with the planer .... But I did manage to get some slats on ! I fashioned a jig to hold the bottom rail to bore the mortises at a 10degree angle. and canted about the same to match the backrest top that is curved and slanted

Attachments

· Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got the set built although its still tropical weather.....
This is white oak, the original idea I had was a formica top surface, but I thought I would try to see if I could do a solid top.
The top is 4 boards wide, I think it looks better, but wonder how durable it will be. I am now wondering about using an epoxy for the top. Question is how to apply something like glaze coat ? Looks like it requires something to dam or contain it? And will poly stick to it?

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.