1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SPECIFICATIONS:
Weight -65.16 grams
Length- 7 5/16"
Plated steel and durable plastic construction.

PRICE AND FEATURES:
Price- less than $5.00 (at the time of purchase, current price ?)
Power source- cordless, can be used in the shop or in the field
Notable Features- forward and reverse, can be used by right or left handed woodworkers.

RECENT PROJECTS COMPLETED:
Installed ten #8 x 1 1/4" screws and six #8 x 1". Removed eight #8 x 2". (obviously it will work well on screws of different sizes, that is just recent experience with this particular tool). Used to remove 6 large staples, because it was handy, not necessarily the perfect tool for the job but it performed well. Opened 2 cans of wood stain and 1 can of paint... I expect many more projects like these in the future with this tool.

OVERALL OPINION AND REVIEW:
I have owned this tool for 9 years now (it was lost for a little over a year, so about 8 years of service in my shop). It has worked well, no major complaints. It is showing some signs of wear, partly because of operator abuse. I expect it to last several more years and will not hesitate to purchase one just like it as a replacement :thumbsup:.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Well written with a photo to match...
Gee thanks, Daren. I hope this does not set the tone.
I like the tone :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking the time Daren. I look forward to reading more from you :yes:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Gee thanks, Daren. I hope this does not set the tone.
Come on dude, I have read your posts on this and other forums and I know for a fact you can cut up. I seem to remember one "invention" of yours the "self powered vacuum kiln" that we even talked on the phone about because you thought it was funny and a moderator did not :no: (in fact you were a little miffed about the outcome of your joke being squashed "by an iron fisted moderator" before it was allowed to mature). I thought your invention was funny :laughing:. Don't be a sour puss, I was trying to humor myself. I will take equal time and effort to post a real tool review soon, and be all professional and stuff :smartass:. I musta forgot these forums are supposed to be 100% serious, no fun allowed:sleeping:.

Nathan, I have been here since the get go and have over 400 posts, most of which are trying to be helpful to the other members. I will continue to do so in the future, as well as act a fool when the mood strikes me :jester:.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I will continue to do so in the future, as well as act a fool when the mood strikes me :jester:.
I look forward to it :thumbsup:

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,674 Posts
Wow. I'm almost afraid to respond. I didn't think a one line comment sans a smiley face would invoke pie-in-the-face-full-tilt-retribution and dirty laundry hour all in one.

I'm trying to figure out when did you start taking me so seriously.

How bout we forget the whole thing.

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm trying to figure out when did you start taking me so seriously.
When you posted sans the smiley face (and just for the record I had to look up the word "sans" :laughing:...without) No dirty laundry intended, sorry brother, just referencing your past willingness to get silly and our common personal experiences (I reckon they should have stayed between us) Hey, and what is wrong with a pie in the face, classic slap stick. Yea and lets stop posting about about why I posted , reactions there to, posts in reaction to those posts...It is really distracting from my original post. I mean Jeez, I went to the trouble of weighing/measuring/taking pictures...I could have been eating ice cream or something instead of giving a good review. :laughing:

·
Registered
803 Posts
...or Robertson??? Oh, sorry. You Americans call it a "Square Drive".:thumbdown::laughing:
Whoever came up with the slot head screw should be keel-hauled!!!!:censored:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Daren doin' a stand up comedy routine on Youtube
Some guys think the video I do have on youtube is comedic. "Ah look at the little baby sawmill" , making fun of my manual mill. They have $40,000 in theirs and are still paying on the note trying to saw $1.50 lumber. I have $5000 in mine and look for and saw $15 bft stock. One GOOD log paid for my mill, I'm laughing all the way to the bank :laughing:.
I already posted this link, so if you have been here awhile don't bother it's just me running the mill. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZH6LWq3fuY

·
Registered
803 Posts
I have a feeling that I got one of those things the guys a the pizza shop downstairs would have something to say about it!!!:laughing:

·
johnep
2,140 Posts
Yes, slot heads have been responsible for the screwdriver slipping and scoring the nice piece of wood I have been working on. I mainly use pozidrive heads with square heads (Robertson now I know the name) for my pocket holes.

Still have had pozidrive camming out and bought diamond chipped bits made by erbauer but in the end have settled on just using a new bit for a new job and few probs.
johnep

1 - 17 of 17 Posts