Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
SOLD! I have a very nice #5 Bailey plane. Smooth bottom. Tote and knob in good shape with no cracks or repairs. Asking $60 including shipping to lower 48.
#5.jpg

#5-1.jpg

#5-3.jpg

#5-4.jpg

I also have a 71 1/2 router plane for sale. in good shape with no rust. Included is three cutters. It is missing the original thumb screw for depth adjustment but does have a screw that fits and secures the cutter. No fence. Asking $45 including shipping to lower 48.
71-2.jpg

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've been wanting a router plane but can't swing it this month. If you still have it next month I'll gladly take it off your hands then.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Router is sold!!!

Still have the #5. Also have a few other hand planes if you are interested. I'll get some pics up in a day or so.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do have PayPal and can accept payment that way.

I also have a #3 defiance,# 4 bailey, #5 bailey corrugated bottom, #5 craftsman, and a #6 bailey. And two of #78. The #3 and #4 are in decent shape and would make good users. All the other need a little attention before use but they are not total rust buckets. I'll try to gets some pics up tommorow or Thursday. I have been very busy this last week.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This #5 is sold pending payment. I do have another #5 corrugated bottom for sale. I'll try to post pics tommorow.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
More For Sale

Here is a #3. It was sold to me as a defiance there are no markings other than Made In USA so I am not certain of that. I'll take $20 for it shipped anywhere in U.S.
#3.jpg

This is a Bailey #4 with a blue painted body that looks original. It good shape with a little surface rust. Has a smooth sole. The tote and knob are cherry that I made. I also have the originals but the tote is cracked and previous owner tried to fix but it was unsuccessful.
#4.jpg

1st From Left a Bailey #6 smooth sole good shape needs to be cleaned.
Price is $45 shipped.
middle is a #5 Craftsman needs to be cleaned up but would make a good user. I'll take $25 shipped anywhere in U.S.
Far right is a # 5 Bailey corrugated bottom plane. Its rough but would clean up nicely. Solid tote and knob. Price $30 shipped.
#5s &6.jpg

These are #78s only one is complete with fences. I do have another set of fences but no post for the second one. both need cleaned up but would make nice users. Complete $20 SOLD other $15 shipped. I have a depth stop and fence but not post for fence or thumb screws for the one remaining.
#78s.jpg

I accept paypal for payment and will ship USPS only.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Am I correct to assume that the complete 78 w/ fences also includes the depth stop? If so, I'll take it. PM me your PayPal address and I'll get you paid!

·
Registered
212 Posts
payment sent

preacherman wasn't sure if you checked yet, but payment sent to paypal and pm sent with address for the #5. Thanks

·
Registered
212 Posts
yes I received and will ship today.
Got the plane, got here in good shape, much bigger then I thought...lol...I was expecting a 9 1/2 inch, don't know my planes very well yet. At 14 inch this makes my little 9 inch block look tiny by comparison...lol...but well be used regularly for sure...Thanks again

·
7,222 Posts
Got the plane, got here in good shape, much bigger then I thought...lol...I was expecting a 9 1/2 inch, don't know my planes very well yet. At 14 inch this makes my little 9 inch block look tiny by comparison...lol...but well be used regularly for sure...Thanks again
Most of what you need or may ever want to know about the Stanley hand planes can be found at Supertools.

http://www.supertool.com/StanleyBG/stan0a.html

Perhaps you were expecting a No. 4 which is about 9in long.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I forgot to post a reply but I did receive the router plane and look to put it to use in the near future. It looks great! Thank you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts