Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new Festool Kapex miter saw and need a stand. I will use it primarily in my woodshop but also would like it portable for other jobs.

I was planning to buy a miter saw stand but didnt' know if am committed to buying the Festool one. Does anyone know if I have options on which stand(s) I can buy for the Kapex?

I would also be interested in hearing (and seeing if you can post pictures) how you set it up for use in your shop. I guess most folks put it on a table/bench instead of the classic sawhorse style stand.

Any help, ideas, and suggestions are appreciated!

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
If you search miter saw stand and my username you can find one I built (can't figure out how to link it on my phone).

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I committed to using the Festool stand or would the Kapex mount on any other brands of stand? (for example, can I buy a DeWalt stand and mount my Kapex on it?) Just wondering what the options are. Obviously the Festool is pricey. As always, I don't mind spending extra money (just like I did for the saw) if I am getting something for better for it!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Am I committed to using the Festool stand or would the Kapex mount on any other brands of stand? (for example, can I buy a DeWalt stand and mount my Kapex on it?) Just wondering what the options are. Obviously the Festool is pricey. As always, I don't mind spending extra money (just like I did for the saw) if I am getting something for better for it!

I bought this Dewalt stand:
http://amzn.com/B004RPY3FM

Then I bought a couple more of these, it came with one pair:
http://amzn.com/B0007Z6D86

I used the other mounts to make table out of 3/4 plywood that I keep to the side of my saw. Then mounted my Kreg Pocket hole jig on another set of them with an aluminum base plate. I like the fact that I can keep buying mounts for different items. The extensions that slide out work great for supporting long boards and is very portable. The stand is also very sturdy.

·
Sawdust Wrangler
482 Posts
I have a new Festool Kapex miter saw and need a stand. I will use it primarily in my woodshop but also would like it portable for other jobs.

I was planning to buy a miter saw stand but didnt' know if am committed to buying the Festool one. Does anyone know if I have options on which stand(s) I can buy for the Kapex?

I would also be interested in hearing (and seeing if you can post pictures) how you set it up for use in your shop. I guess most folks put it on a table/bench instead of the classic sawhorse style stand.

Any help, ideas, and suggestions are appreciated!
Here's a good one if you want it portable but could be used in the workshop

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts