Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I messed up.... Pretty big.... I bought four sheets of 3/4 oak ply to make my cabinet boxes out of.... Well I got in a hurry. I drew out all my pieces and cut them oversize with a circular saw free handed for easier handling .... Ouch. Well I ran them all threw my TS to final dimension and did not turn out how I wanted... For my long sides The side I put on my fence pretty much copied my bad cut to the opposite .... For the short ends I put on my incra miter gauge fence and crosscut and they did ok.... Is there any way to save these even if I have to adjust my cabinet depth.... The only way I can see this will affect anything is attaching my faceframes to the "not straight edge"... My backs will be in a dado so that shouldn't hurt too much.... Right??!! Is there a jig to square the long ends? Maybe a home made crosscut sled... Or should I just make some nice firewood and start over.....
Sorry for the confusion any ideas would help greatly....

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Woodnthings I think that maybe what I choose due to I would b able to take very light passes off and not mess with my dimensions too awful bad.... All these are great tips guys and Hopfully I have learned from this time costly mistake

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My ends Are ok.... I uses my incra crosscut miter gauge to cut these and did not have same problem.... I also have splitter and anti-kickback paws and guard.... I still think I will attach a board

· Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just made a couple ripping jigs... I took a oak 2" runner and screwed it to a wide piece of birch ply and ran my saw along the runner cutting the ply to the exact width.... I made a 2' 3' 4' and 8'....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.