Woodworking Talk banner

spray booth...

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  woodnthings 
#1 ·
im going to build a spray booth next too my shop. Its going to be detached and movable, so where i can take it with me if i ever move from my current location. Im thinking of building it kinda like those prefab sheds you can buy. So i'll set it on 4 or 5 PT 6x6's. Im looking for suggestions on size and ventilation ideas. Its going to fully insulated and heated. Any ideas will be appreciated. thanks

jraks

#2 ·
Think about the biggest pieces you will be spraying and add plenty of room to move around them plus enough room for your equipment. I have used my three car garage in the past and sometimes even that was not big enough. I would try to spray everything in one day (cabinets, doors, shelves), that is my problem. I heated the space with a kerosene heater and it worked great. I shut it off while spraying (water based lacquer) then turned it back on to cook.

Red

#3 · (Edited)
Look for an enclosed utility trailer

The word moveable struck me. There are plenty of enclosed utility trailers for sale in various sizes and condition. The wheels make it a vehicle, no building permit required or property taxes increase, just a plate fee if you choose. Walls and floor already built in and insulation sometimes. Just filter one wall at the one end, determine your heat source. The big open door will allow large items,..... just an out of the box idea.:thumbsup: bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.