Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I have to laugh, everyone tells me I should quit my car audio business & go into woodworking. Actually lately we've been doing more woodwork. I tell them it's hard to survive on $.38 cents an hour. :no:

·
where's my table saw?
31,494 Posts
Ok we were just kiddin' ....

I have to laugh, everyone tells me I should quit my car audio business & go into woodworking. Actually lately we've been doing more woodwork. I tell them it's hard to survive on $.38 cents an hour. :no:
After 1100 hours and 13,000 pieces the $.38 works out only if you sell the dang thing for $2894, not the $10K it's really worth. JMO. :laughing:
Even at that you are just better than minimum wage at $9.09 if my math is correct.
I've seen your car audio work also and it's comparable to the woodworking you do. You are just grossly underpaid, no matter. :yes:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
You guys are too kind. The important thing here is to have fun. I don't think I can part with this one just yet. I want to begin another one but I have 2 boxes to build. I'll sneak in time somehow though.;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Long story short, I turn a goblet then draw what I want it to look like on the outside. Then I drill holes all over the area where I want to remove material then start going to town with a rotary tool. After that it's all about a schmit load of sanding. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Way to go bill its a wonderful design but you best figure out that 38 cents and hour guy, cuz even I am getting about 39 cents an hour on somethings I have sold :blink:

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.