Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
Don't be discouraged, one if these day with hard work and determination you'll get the hang of things. ;)

Kidding aside that is downright amazing.

Wow!!!

Reactions: Bill Wyko

·
where's my table saw?
28,732 Posts
no contest... hands down winner.

Wyko, you keep getting better and better. You CAN quit your day job and start giving lessons. :yes: How about a picture of the lathe you use? I suppose Baileigh will give you one for winning.....:blink:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The prize is $1000.00 in tools. It's not over til tomorrow @ noon so someone could still drop a bomb on me. my lathe of choice is the all mighty Powermatic 4224. I absolutely love this machine. Tons of features & smooth as silk. Kind of a mess from the aftermath of this project though.

Attachments

·
where's my table saw?
28,732 Posts
was there a router involved?

The prize is $1000.00 in tools. It's not over til tomorrow @ noon so someone could still drop a bomb on me. my lathe of choice is the all mighty Powermatic 4224. I absolutely love this machine. Tons of features & smooth as silk. Kind of a mess from the aftermath of this project though.
Seems like a high speed rotary tool would be the only way to get those delicate openings. I know nothing about turning...except right and left on green arrows or after coming to a complete stop.... well sorta', it's Michigan. :blink:

·
SS user
2,688 Posts
Way to go, Bill. I cannot imagine any serious competition with that beauty.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Thanks Gene but it's never over til it's over. There are some very, very talented people here.
I have a cheap version of a foredom from harbor freight. It vibrates a bit but gets the job done. Some day I'll treat myself to a good one. One chatter though and you have scraps on the floor.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, somewhere around 60 hours. A lot of stop & go time. This was my first one but I think the next one will go much easier.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Outstanding piece. Good luck with the contest :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Beautiful- Hard to imagine how you did it. Good luck- I think you got it in the bag though.......

1 - 20 of 37 Posts