Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Youngest son asked me for a display case, his other one was full, and he wanted a hand made one. A request I couldn't refuse.

First picture - cherry frame, the lexan looks blurred and marred because the inside protective plastic is still in place. (Wanted to leave it in case I had to mail it and didn't want the coin to rub the lexan and leave marks.

Second - bottom showing the little 4-40 screw that runs thru the bottom of the frame into a brass insert in the top frame to hold it closed.

Third - on display. Plenty of room to add to it.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice looking case...well done. I'm curious as to the ranks displayed. Looks like Sergeant Major of the Army, and Lt. Colonel.
Text on one side says "Presented by the Battalion Command Team For Excellence", and on the other, "392ND Expeditionary Signal Batalion Lightning Strikes".

Hard to photograph.....

Attachments

·
I wood if I could.
3,976 Posts
Nice display case. :thumbsup: And I agree, that's not the kind of thing you can - or would want to - say no to. I, too, appreciate his service.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Nice looking case...well done. I'm curious as to the ranks displayed. Looks like Sergeant Major of the Army, and Lt. Colonel.

That one has me wondering also. the silver leaf is a LT Col. and the stripes are clearly the Army's CMD SGT MAJ rank. Maybe they are the ones who issued the award as it appears to be more of a unit citation than a personal medal.

Either way, its a beautiful job of work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.