Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Chaps

Do many of you use these staple guns that are pouring into the UK and US.

I find they have good uses being quick and efficient for certain jobs but today while I was touting for work I was confronted with a new door supplier/contractor / showroom advising me to use these guns on laminated vaneer covered MDF Doors,Frames and Arcatrai.
He indicated that all the Spanish use them,well Sod that as I found the finished work to be covered with numerous holes that needed filling OK on real wood but not high gloss finished vaneers.
My customers would knock my payments if they saw numerous holes everywhere,so I explained to the supplier that the Arcatrai should be glued and clamped thus eliminating all those holes.

I think he got the idea and is now changing ALL the Arcatrai that surrounds 30 doors and frames in his brand new showroom and thus SURREY CARPENTRY and DEVELOPMENTS gained another lucrative contract for fitting them,that will keep the Bank manager happy.
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
979 Posts
Just goes to show how uneducated some sales people are in regards to the product they're promoting. That always gets me.

Do I understand now that you will be re-doing their displays? Good for you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Inexperienced door supplier

Yes once the showroom understood this very basic mistake Surrey Carpentry and Developments managed to clinch the contract for fitting all their door and frame kit,rectifying and replacing the many units on show to customers in their highstreet showroom.
A lot of these showrooms are owned and managed by people who will never be good on the tools and therefore will never understand just how good a carpenter is and the complexity of his Trade.
Regards.
:thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts