Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been here a year and think I have only posted one project, most of the time I am just harassing others. I had a couple hours to kill this morning...and some spalted maple burl so I made a little box. No real purpose other than something to do to entertain myself for awhile. I had camera problems, the flash went out (great :furious:). I was out there like a dork holding a shop light in one hand and the camera in the other. I still did not get a decent picture of it, the burl is much prettier than it looks in the pictures. Oh well, I tried. I will probably give it to the wife to keep lipsticks or something in on her make up table.

Attachments

·
Registered
266 Posts
Daren, that box is just beautiful!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Nancy (72 days)

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nancy, thanks.Think my wife will like to stash her lipstick in this box?, she saw it and I have not seen it since :laughing:
bdks, "urban logging" I got this from a firewood cutter, long story..but the happy ending was I got wood like this to work with instead of it getting burned.
TT and bdks, the finish. My usual for figured wood, Tung oil and wax. Sand to 400 and let the oil make the figure pop. Shine it up with Renaissance Wax, and it looks a mile deep...even of your camera is on the blink:glare:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts