Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok thanks to some help I think I have it now. So here we go.

Spalted Black Walnut 7" x 3" from a log I left in the shade for several months then cut and dried in the solar kiln. Finish is my usual clear stain and lacquer then hand rubbed to 4000 grit since walnut grain raises so much.

earthenware Bowl Pottery Ceramic Flowerpot

Bowl Wood Product Tableware Tree

Bowl Tableware Mixing bowl earthenware Antique

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont get it :eek:
Robert typing something online then doing caps that way is considered rude and sarcastic. As in you have a problem with the person or in this case the item you are posting about. Capping the subject basically is saying "You call that piece of :censored: a bowl?"

May have not been meant that way but it was sure taken that way.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Oh the joys of being read and not heard. :blink:

Anyway, a very nice bowl ghost5. I haven't touched a lathe since high school so when you guys post your turning work I admire it.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Travico is one of the most complimentary and supportive members of this forum. He always says something nice about peoples work. Never seen him say anything negative. I think you owe him an apology.
So it is my fault if someone, not talking Travico here just in general, types something I find insulting? Even though I have already said it probably wasn't meant that way but I took it that way?

I have a simpler solution I won't post another thing since it is obviously my fault as I have never said an unkind word to or about anyone here but now I owe apologies.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
sawdustfactory said:
Why do people always get their feathers ruffled over these stupid little misunderstandings? Ghost, keep posting, I enjoy your work.
+1. Keep posting. I believe I may have used capital s in the past but had no idea that it meant anything other than trying to emphasize how good or special something was.
Tom

1 - 19 of 19 Posts