Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A friend gave me some white/silver birch way back in March 2012, and I just discovered the last piece. It certainly grew some character since then.

About 10" diameter, 3.5" high. Finished with a few wipes of Danish Oil then buffed with tripoli, white diamond and carnauba wax.

IMGP6165.jpg

IMGP6166.jpg

IMGP6171.jpg

IMGP6172.jpg

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, what figure, beautiful.
Love the figure and the clean lines of the bowl's rim.

When I saw the figure, it reminded me of a ceramic bowl my mother used to mix cake and bread ingredients when she was baking. I aimed for how I remember the shape of that bowl.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi I dont turn bowls but from time to time there is posted a good looking bowl such as this one and I just have to comment. You have done the wood justice and a very pleasing form and the finish spot on well done.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
I concur!! Very nice bowl and finish.
Can't add any better adjectives.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nice bowl Dunc, always like spalted wood.
Thats a really nice bowl! Everyone's projects makes me want to run to the shop!
Kudos! Beautiful bowl!
Hi I dont turn bowls but from time to time there is posted a good looking bowl such as this one and I just have to comment. You have done the wood justice and a very pleasing form and the finish spot on well done.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:
I concur!! Very nice bowl and finish.
Can't add any better adjectives.
Wonderful bowl! Like the cool shape with the rim, gorgeous spalted wood and the great finish. Great turning!
Thank you all for your kind words :smile:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts