Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My to-be-built workshop is going to be attached to my house. To keep my wife from killing me I'd like to keep the sound of my equipment, and the sound of my music (when I'm not using my equipment) from being too loud to the rest of the home.

Are they any tips and tricks on wall filler, floor baffling, etc. on this?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Keep as much of it "detached" as you can.... Maybe add a double wall with extra insulation for soundproofing. make sure (if they're wooden floors) they're not really attached.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've seen the special things you can do when attaching flooring, etc. to keep the vibrations from going into the floorboards and into the rest of the house. However this room is part of a larger upper floor and when we move, if ever, it will be a large bedroom. I have to be careful on how much customization I do.

I was thinking of things like putting my table saw and the like on special squares of wood with the anti-vibration stuff underneath. I know they make things for that. I figure that will go a ways to help. Then in the internal walls I "insulate" with whatever is best to help there, etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts