Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife's birthday is in 3 months and I figure that gives me enough time to design and build a tall lingerie/jewelry chest that will match our existing bedroom set. The one concern I have is the hinge type to use for the side panels. The front and rear legs run from the floor all the way up to the top of the dresser similar to this http://babyworldonline.net/i/400000...baby-annabelle-6-drawer-tall-dresser-espresso and I would like to just make the inset panel open for necklaces. I'm fairly confident a piano hinge would do the job, but am curious if soss hinges would be even doable with the inset design of the center panel? I would really like to have the hinges completely concealed when closed to give the illusion of a solid panel that doesn't open until you push the door to release a magnetic catch. I'm probably thinking too far ahead as I still have to draw up a plan and figure out how I'm going to make some of the details to match the existing dresser.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I haven't used those hinges, but your door won't be very heavy, so those hinges should work fine. I would use at least 3 hinges, maybe 4, because the door will be long.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts