Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stopped at Lowes and I always check their clearance items. This time I found a $15 Storm door kit for 94¢. Then I saw some 18 gauge brads on clearance at 70% off so I pick those up too. I probably should have bought more. :shifty:

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow, I'm 5 minutes from a Lowe's. Maybe I should go right now.

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
I do that a few times per week. There's a Lowes a few minutes from my work and I go there at least 2 times per weeks to walk around. The main tool guy there NW knows me and when I walk in he will alert me of any great markdowns. That's how I got the $190 PC scroll saw a few months ago for under $50.

Mark

·
Registered
570 Posts
Ok, I went to Lowe's today and looked at their clearance.

SCORE!!!

They had a shop vac on clearance for $30. 16 gallon, with 2 1/2 inch hose. Up until now all I've had was a 6 gallon with a 1 1/4 hose. This is a nice upgrade for cheap.

Attachments

·
Registered
328 Posts
I always check in both Lowes and Home Depot. My best purchase that I can remember is a new 18v Makita "sawzall", out of the box, less battery (already had plenty of batteries including the still new in the package, 2 for $99 from the same section of the store) for $19 from HD.

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
My best Lowes purchase was a Delta 12" planner that I'd been drooling on for years. It was their last one back when Delta was going out and it was the shelf model. No box and they would not even offer me the usual Lowes protection plan because once that one was sold there would be no more.

It was a $500.00 machine that I got for.... get ready

$86.99!

I brought it home, plugged it in and its been making thick stock thin and rough stock smooth for about 3 years now without any trouble.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I believe its getting close to time for sear's clearance sales, least when i was there saturday it looked like they were clearing floor space in anticipation. sometimes you can score some good deals.

·
Registered
5,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I believe its getting close to time for sear's clearance sales, least when i was there saturday it looked like they were clearing floor space in anticipation. sometimes you can score some good deals.
Wow, I haven't been to Sears in years. I guess I'll have to make a trip there this weekend. I have got a lot of good deals there on clearance.

·
I like Nails
331 Posts
When I read the title of the thread, I thought you had built a bookshelf that wouldn't come out of the basement or that you couldn't stand up. : )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts