Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new to this forum but as being 14 I've always loved making somethng new out of wood, but here's some pictures of most of my best work. I'd like to hear if you have any comments or advice, thanks.

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright here's some of pics hope you like them.

The first pic is of the grain elevator that I had been working on.

The second pic is of a trophy I had recently made for my Church car rally.

The third is a chest I had pulled together for my Dad for Father's Day.

The fourth is a scroll saw portrait I made of Jesus.

And for the last pic, this is also A gift I had made for my Dad for his birthday.

Attachments

·
Registered
803 Posts
The grain elevator indicates [to me at least] that you're from the prairies.
Sask. Man.??? That's all we need around here!!! MORE CANADIANS!!!:laughing:
Welcome aboard & nice werk!!!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
That's all we need around here!!! MORE CANADIANS!!!:laughing:
I don't know what to say (without it sounding just awful :laughing:, even though I would only be joking). Everyone is welcome...even Canadians eh.

hmfw, glad to have you, we like pictures :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,690 Posts
hands made for wood, see what you got yourself into young man ? There are a couple trouble makers here (I am one of them :shifty: sometimes). Don't let us bother you, it's all in good fun. There are 2400 other members, all pretty nice folks. I have been around more than a year and I don't recall anyone getting their feelings hurt. Just alot of goofing around mixed in with some really good content we all can learn from :thumbsup:.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Nice work.
Is the grain elevator a kit or did you build it from scratch?
I used to build alot of miniature buildings for model railroads.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Uh-oh. You said the "M.R." word!!!! My wife says if I get layout going it'll just be another hole to throw money into.:laughing:

·
Cabinet Maker
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well... thanks for the comments guys, I thank God for the gift that he has given me and the ministry he has called me to.

P.S. and yes I made the grain elevator from scratch, it was quite the project.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Let's see some shop pics!!! I remember when I started out....I think I had a jigsaw, a drill,a plane and a sander.That was it. Now....critical mass!!!:laughing:

Are kids still being taught woodworking in high school??? It's good to see the young'uns taking an interest in this field!!! Keep it up, kid!!!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Wow! That's some cool stuff! My shop projects from 7th grade didn't look anywhere near that good! (Heck, I don't think my shop projects from 30 years later are any better!:blush:)

...and I sure wasn't square with God at that point of my life! Well done! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts