Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
his name is pinky martin, he was around 82 when he first started this, only makes around 200 a year!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I have started to sell my S & P mills at gun shows but not at that those prices. I have had one customer that has bought 3 sets (S & P mill) so far. Guess I will need to raise my prices.:blink:

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
There was a story a number of years ago about Pinky. He sent one of his peppermills to Emeril on his cooking show and one of the other chefs, Sarah something or other. So everyone saw it on the shows and he became famous for them almost overnight.
Mike Hawkins;)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
his work is amazing, the way he inlays his wood is second to none, and the fact that the gentlemen is as old as he is and still turns out work like this is awesome!! I just started turning pepper mills and i love it, only hope i can become as good as this old timer.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
His laminating is amazing, but did you notice his basic shapes are all the same with some variation to the tops. I guess with the same shape the laminating can become predictable in order to offer repeatability within each design.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts