Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These are just a few of the presents that have been made so far. Stylus on the far left my wife turned for my father (who always makes gifts for her), then a couple of bolt action pens, some shock absorber pens for all my gear head family members/friends, some seam rippers for the craftier side (can't say the "fairer side" as one is going to my brother), a bottle opener going to some random guy i"m doing a homebrew swap with, and the first of many bottle stoppers. I have made six boxes out of maple and either paduk or purpleheart, that will hold a bottle of home made wine, a bottle opener, and a bottle stopper. That way, outside of the glass that we didn't blow, we can say we made everything in the gift!

I'm only about 3 weeks in on this lathe (just picked it up off the good old list o' craig). So i'm still learning my way around it. Hope to get to bowls in the new year when I can take a class.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! Definilty learning things on the fly here. Little bit of youtube, lots of hands on experience. Need to get these done so I can get back to my straight stuff, need my assembly table back!

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Nice work, you've done an amazing amount in such a short time!

Thanks! Definilty learning things on the fly here. Little bit of youtube, lots of hands on experience. Need to get these done so I can get back to my straight stuff, need my assembly table back!
So, you're not totally hooked on turning yet? Stick around, the vortex will suck you in ... bwahahahaha ... :laughing:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work, you've done an amazing amount in such a short time!

So, you're not totally hooked on turning yet? Stick around, the vortex will suck you in ... bwahahahaha ... :laughing:
Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I have two half finished quilt racks, 6 wine boxes that need to be finish sanded and handles, and a jewelery box left to start before christmas!

That and the homebrew club wants to make a crapload more beer cases. We made these last year: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/wooden-beer-crates-371297/

Now they want me to come up with a version that will hold wine on its side.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I like it, but I have two half finished quilt racks, 6 wine boxes that need to be finish sanded and handles, and a jewelery box left to start before christmas!
You really are a busy guy ... :thumbsup:

That and the homebrew club wants to make a crapload more beer cases. We made these last year: http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/wooden-beer-crates-371297/

Now they want me to come up with a version that will hold wine on its side.
You gave them a build thread complete with pix and a full cut-list, and they come back wanting you to build more? You have a heart of gold :laughing:

Those are great cases, btw.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.