Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will need about 15 pairs of drawer slides for the new kitchen cabinets I am building. The slides need to be the soft-close slides that close themselves slowly after you push it almost closed.

Are there any less expensive slides than the Blumotion slides that do this? The cheapest I have been able to find the Blumotion slides is about $25 a pair online.

Steve

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I prefer Accuride, IMHO they are superior in quality.

Shop around the net for best prices.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There are other companies that sell similar product like KV, Hettich, Accuride and . . . imports. However, I think Blum are the best (or on par with anything else) and I'd definitely stay away from the Asian imports. I've replaced enough of those on jobs other people did.

You can also get side mount ball bearing drawer slides with the soft close for less dollars.

You may want to look for a commercial hardware supplier and buy these, if they'll sell to you. You might save $5 per pair.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Try Salice

I am not a big Blum fan. I do love the accuride slides but they are pricy. Have you tried the Salice band of slides and hinges? Top quality and quite a bit cheaper that accuride and Grass.

Good Luck,

Bandman

·
Old Methane Gas Cloud
3,500 Posts
I've used Blum and Accuride.

I've found that the Blum are much easier to install. The only trick is making the F to B length of the drawer box exact. And even that can be fudged.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts