Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm going to make a small ent center for my daughters bedroom. It will have a large drawer and then two doors above it that lift upwards. They will probably be a frame type door with plexi or glass inside. What kind if hinge can I get that will lift the door and hold it open on a small scale. The doors will only be about 6 h x 15 w. They will be inset in a face frame. Here is a very rough drawing.

Attachments

·
Banned
3,533 Posts
Why not just build it so they can slide back into the pocket when opened? No hing required, just some pegs for the edge and then you don't have to worry about them being broken off if left in the open position while something "rambunctious" is happening.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha, she is 13 so hopefully the rambunctious stuff won't happen much more. Although, that is a pretty good idea and I may use it, I would like to leave as much space in there as possible for any future needs (size of electronics). I saw these: http://www.blum.com/us/en/01/10/50/ but they are too big. I would like something similar just on a smaller scale.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I would not make them stick out like that when open. That is an accident / disaster waiting to happen. Make them slide into the cabinet like a barristers book case.

George

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll figure it out, I thought some of the pros might have a quick answer through their experience. I don't really think there is a reason they would be left open. They would just be an access if needed to the equipment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts