Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandson has this tablesaw :-

-- purchased at the Blue/white big box store.
He likes it, but, his complaint is the flimsy plastic throat plate it comes with. Less than adequate is a nice description.
Skil only offers a replacement plate in the same plastic material.
I've been on-line looking for a metal replacement from another manufacturer but with no success.
I've found that Skil and Bosch are owned by the same company (Chervon), but I'm having trouble finding a throat plate that is a crossover.
I'd really appreciate any advice that the learned collective here can give.
Thank you.

· Registered
815 Posts
Have you tried searching for a zero clearance insert? I think they are usually made by someone other that the manufacturer. This one was at the top of a search. Not cheap, but maybe worth it? ZERO CLEARANCE TABLE SAW INSERT FOR SKIL TS-6307-00 | eBay

Or, maybe you can make one yourself. There is a lot on the web about making them. It won' be metal, but might be better than the plastic one. If they could make the one above, you should be able to make one.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
54 Posts
My grandson has this tablesaw :-

-- purchased at the Blue/white big box store.
He likes it, but, his complaint is the flimsy plastic throat plate it comes with. Less than adequate is a nice description.
Skil only offers a replacement plate in the same plastic material.
I've been on-line looking for a metal replacement from another manufacturer but with no success.
I've found that Skil and Bosch are owned by the same company (Chervon), but I'm having trouble finding a throat plate that is a crossover.
I'd really appreciate any advice that the learned collective here can give.
Thank you.
Don't know if you have found a solution yet but here's one I made from a piece of Delrin purchased from McMaster-Carr. It's a bit pricey but they have other suitable materials such as PVC that are cheaper. Nice thing about the plastics is the slickness as well as wear resistance.

Attachments

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ZERO CLEARANCE INSERT PLATE FOR SKIL TABLE SAW TS-6307-00 SET OF 4
Brand: Generic
4.6 out of 5 stars 5 ratings

MADE IN USA
  • HIGH DENSITY MDF SPRAYED WITH LACQUER
  • SET SCREWS NOT INCLUDED, IT FITS TIGHT
  • STURDIER THAN PLASTIC, CHEAPER THAN PHENOLIC
  • MINOR SANDING MIGHT BE REQUIRED FOR A PERFECT, TIGHT FIT, DEPENDING ON THE CASTING
The one above pabloj, although right now, it shows the product as "currently unavailable"

· Registered
108 Posts
ZERO CLEARANCE INSERT PLATE FOR SKIL TABLE SAW TS-6307-00 SET OF 4
Brand: Generic
4.6 out of 5 stars 5 ratings

MADE IN USA
  • HIGH DENSITY MDF SPRAYED WITH LACQUER
  • SET SCREWS NOT INCLUDED, IT FITS TIGHT
  • STURDIER THAN PLASTIC, CHEAPER THAN PHENOLIC
  • MINOR SANDING MIGHT BE REQUIRED FOR A PERFECT, TIGHT FIT, DEPENDING ON THE CASTING
The one above pabloj, although right now, it shows the product as "currently unavailable"
Thanks very much!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts