Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to eliminate the startup page and go directly to SM drawing screen? Is sure is annoying. I realize it is only one more mouse click, but when I click on the desktop icon I want to start drawing immediately. Thanks in advance.

·
Sketchup teacher
51 Posts
Disabling welcome message

In the bottom left corner of the welcome screen, there's a checkbox that you can uncheck to disable it from appearing each time you start SketchUp. To re-enable it, go to the Help menu in SketchUp and select "Welcome Screen".

Is there a way to eliminate the startup page and go directly to SM drawing screen? Is sure is annoying. I realize it is only one more mouse click, but when I click on the desktop icon I want to start drawing immediately. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The non-commercial

version doesn't have the option to check the box you are showing. My Sketchup8 did though. Sure wish this one was the same. Thanks anyway.

·
Sketchup teacher
51 Posts
I did some more digging and it looks like they've disabled the ability to remove the welcome screen on SketchUp Make. Sorry I couldn't have been more help.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, thanks

for your replies. Scratch me down as giving them a thumbs down sign for doing away with that option. :thumbdown:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts