Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
I'd like to add a TV mount like that to my entertainment center, but I don't weld. Do you think a couple of U-bolts through the mount and around the conduit could handle a 55"?

·
Registered
138 Posts
In theory, yes; however, you would have to really crank down on the U-bolts to make sure they're secure. Or, you could add in some sort of safety on the top of the conduit that hooks into the opening in case the U-bolts fail. Just make sure you test the weight limit before you mount the TV so if there is any failure, you wont ruin your screen.
I could run a screw or two through the conduit and mount as a safety. The stand top is doubled 3/4" ply, so there's plenty of strength in the top. I'm going to drill a hole through the top so I can run my wiring through the conduit. It won't be as tall as the TV, so the wiring will all be hidden that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.