Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Something
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished this pine bookcase with of help of several of you here. Many thanks for your help. My Dad needed something to consolidate all of his DVDs.

Attachments

·
Registered
239 Posts
Very, very nice.....my grandfather used to build bookcases like that back in the '50's.....I have always thought that style in pine was just the most elegant work I've ever seen.....and I still feel that way....job well done.....

·
Registered
902 Posts
The wood selection, finish and structure are all great! This is very well crafted and the whole thing is just so pleasing to the eyes! Nice work!

·
Senior Something
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice work on the bookcase! The finish looks really nice. Is there any stain or just clear?
It is stained very lightly with a colonial maple stain, BUT I used a wood conditioner first on the pine. I love that stuff.

·
Senior Something
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It came out well done indeed. I like the trim you put under the counter top. Give the finish time to cure so the DVD's won't stick.

I appreciate all your input on this project. Thanks

Edit: I meant to say I also ran the lower edge of the cove molding through the jointer on a single pass so the trim wouldn't set flush. I think that looks better that way.

Attachments

·
Registered
431 Posts
I appreciate all your input on this project. Thanks

Edit: I meant to say I also ran the lower edge of the cove molding through the jointer on a single pass so the trim wouldn't set flush. I think that looks better that way.

I agree….the reveal gives a little more interest.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Beautiful book shelf, simple design yet elegant looking. Like the stain, makes the pine really pop. I'm sure your Dad loves it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts