Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've decided to make a simple (I hope) bench. Excuse my poor MS Paint illustration :)

It's roughly 23"h x 36"w x 18"d. There are two doors on the front, an open shelf above that and a cushion on top.

I have a detailed schematic I made with dimensions and wood types, but from my rough illustration will this be a difficult project for a novice like my self?

·
Old School
24,017 Posts
It would be very difficult if you had no tools whatsoever. If you have tools, it is a perfect project to try out some woodworking like reading plans, making a cutlist, cutting the parts, figuring out the joinery, doing the joinery and fabricating, assembly,sanding, staining, and finishing. Don't forget to take pictures along the way.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I do have basic tools: table saw, router, sander, etc. I meant is the joinery or fabrication of a project like this difficult. To date, I've only made boxes and frames and a couple arcade control panels.

·
flatiron
71 Posts
simple bench

you can do it! simple case construction, good practice for mortice & tendons. draw out each peice to scale and cut out and finish, take your time . double check before before you cut. have fun!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bench.

I've decided to make a simple (I hope) bench. Excuse my poor MS Paint illustration :)

It's roughly 23"h x 36"w x 18"d. There are two doors on the front, an open shelf above that and a cushion on top.

I have a detailed schematic I made with dimensions and wood types, but from my rough illustration will this be a difficult project for a novice like my self?
To me it looks fairly simple,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts