Woodworking Talk banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
humble artizan
107 Posts
I've never heard of restrictions on siege weapons, excepting maybe places like NYC. I might be interested in buying a section of your log however, if you will ship via truck

To put matters in perspective, black powder cannons are legal in most states

·
humble artizan
107 Posts
What size is the 'correct' size ?
I doubt very much that there were rules of Medieval Warfare concerning the size of these weapons .
I recall reading that some had a crew of around 15 , and some as many as 45 , giving some indication of the variation in size.

'Helen', the GalGael Treebucket has a range of 180 Meters with lightweight hollow clay ball .
Loaded with heavy incendiary grenade , who knows what it could reach .
180 meters was too close.. even longbows could reach you

·
humble artizan
107 Posts
On this planet , in the year 2012 , there were no longbowmen shooting across the river in Glasgow

What planet are you on ?
One where people aren't ignorant jerks

BTW I'm a student of medieval warfare, of clan MacGregor descent (Were we enemies in the old days?) and am about to build a literal castle :yes:

·
humble artizan
107 Posts
great thread guys, when do we get pic's of the freakin castle dark moor?
When it's done it will be on our website with a vid of my buddy who is a master bagpiper, playing the castle walls

No serious edifice in the old days was reduced with the tiny toy things jock promotes as effective siege weapons, or tunnelling/engineers, or starvation/thirst of the garrison

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.