Woodworking Talk banner

61 - 80 of 2227 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,395 Posts
You guys must own brooms or something.:blink:

Looks like he never even used it before he took those pics. My floor always has sawdust on it, always.

·
Super Moderator
4,395 Posts
Oooooo...Hand planing shavings. I use to make a lot of those. I mean lots......

·
Registered
803 Posts
Nothing like a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG shaving in the morning!!!!
If you get that, you'll have a good day. Chatter on the other hand!!!:censored:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Sheesh, I wish my shop looked like that - what do ya' do that for a livin' :laughing: - very nice shop:yes:
Thanks Steve. Actually I do commercial and residential remodeling, but I do custom wood work when that is slow.
Wish I could stay in the shop most of the time but it doesn't make enough to support the bills yet. One day maybe.

·
Registered
304 Posts
My shop is just a little 24 X 24 - its small, but for what I do it works out just fine for me. I know a lot of you folks have finished cabinets, but I want this to be just a shop and not an extension of my house, anyhow that is my reason for no cabinets and I am sticking too it. LOL.

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
That's a nice looking shop Larry!

·
Registered
803 Posts
The old gray stuff!!!! That's what I like to see!!!!!
Looks like someone went nuts with a credit card at Home Depot!!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Looks like a very clean and safe shop to work in Larry thanks for the picture.

Bruce.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Nice shop Larry!
Would you mind orginizing mine?
How many shop vacs do you have in there?

·
Registered
273 Posts
My shop is just a little 24 X 24 - its small but for what I do it works out just fine for me.

I don't know why, but something tells me you like ridgid tools:laughing: :laughing:

Nice shop!
Now I really am gonna feel embarressed to post a pic of my shop:thumbdown:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks guys - yes I do like Ridgid tools, LOL - and yes I used the credit card at Home Depot - most of the tools were purchased 6 years ago and have been sitting in boxes in my garage until last year when I retired and built my shop. I have 5 vacuums in the shop - I think - maybe six, projects - well not to many or any certain projects. I am still trying to get everything done in the shop. Never having experience at woodworking - but lots of experience at drafting and selling wood products (assistance manager of a lumber yard - then retired as a police officer of 21 years) I knew I liked wood, but never worked with it so - here I am dealing in small projects - buffet - setting bench - lots of stuff for the grand kids and quilting rack, I do wood burning, ect. - but the shop gets locked up during the summer - and I only work there during the cold winter days. (Summer is for yard work - gardening - fishing - metal detecting - biking - hiking - ect., all things that are out doors.)

Also I would like to commend all of you on your shops - even the ones with lots of shavings on the floor...:thumbsup:

61 - 80 of 2227 Posts