Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I finally got around to making and hanging my shop made air scrubber. I had bought the filters over a year ago. Don't have time for much these days it seems.

Building Ceiling Beam Factory Roof

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Ttharp: what's the functional benefit of the scrubber?
While I don't need a patent-application style of description,
knowing how it might possibly be useful would be nice.

·
Banned
6,836 Posts
Nice job but it looks fairly large in size. I'm not saying its a bad thing, just an observation.

What size is it? Dimensions/HP

What filter are you using? Regular HEPA type AC filter or special job specific? The air filtration filters for commercial units are quite different then the AC style filters.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Ttharp: what's the functional benefit of the scrubber?
While I don't need a patent-application style of description,
knowing how it might possibly be useful would be nice.
air filters (scrubbers) filter the air of dust particles that pass through a shop's dust collection system filter and back into the shop. these exteremly fine particles are thought to be as bad, or worse, than other larger dust particles. by encouraging shop air to pass through the scrubber, internal filters remove these particles and clean the air.

short term, something like this works well and is better than nothing if budget doesn't provide for a manufactured air filter.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Thank you. I will build the simple fan model as shown. As a carver, I run my TS 3 or 4 times a year to make a stock of birch carving blanks (kitchen prep spoons, sticks & forks.) Skirt on the TS and ShopVac hose under that. Not enough. Otherwise, I can't get a 1/2" x 2" chip up my nose.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have 2 of the box fans with furnace filters on the input and they remove a lot of dust, inexpensive, easy to assemble & work well!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts