Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completed this and got it on the wall today to replace one of three ugly old metal cabinets. Two to go.

The carcass is 1/2” Baltic Birch plywood. The rest is oak that was used to chock large pipe on rr cars. It started out as rough 8/4 x 6” x 10’ boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the positive replies. I appreciate it.

I like to use such shop projects to improve my skills (and the appearance of my Grouch Cave).

I plan to go across the wall with similar storage. I will probably use some different designs and trim styles to further my learning.

·
Registered
Egg Spurt
1,880 Posts
Ha! Wes..I'm looking at it with my cracked cell phone screen and seeing the little lines thinking, Oh yeah..I can see the lines of old used lumber..." until I scroll down a bit and that line isn't there anymore!
Looks very nice. I still need to trim out the cabinet I built last summer and god forbid, start the next one.. lol
In the meantime the cabinet I made is slowly filling up bit by bit. I won't mention what a mess the top is becoming..All the junk I thought the cabinet would get organized? Apparently it hates organization more than I do..

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the kind words, folks.

Furnacefighter, I can’t take credit for the cabinet in the background. It’s an entertainment center I repurposed. I did make the tool till in it, though.

I could probably build the cabinet now, but not when I actually got it.
Of course, I’d need a new tool or two, I’m sure.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ogre, I spend a lot of time in my Grouch Cave. I want it to be comfortable. Besides, I use these projects to hone my skills. I'm flattered that you think it's residence quality.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts