Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made these shoe organizers for my wife's walk in closet. The low one doubles as a bench and the high one doubles as a place to set her jewelry box. I got the idea for these from a set of plans in Woodsmith for a wine bottle holder. I modified the plans a bit and this is what I came up with.

DSC03431s.JPG
DSC03647s.JPG

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow, she has a lot of shoes! :eek: ;) :thumbsup:
Tell me about it!. She used to have about twice what you could fit in these racks. Now she has worked it down to just what fits in these racks and some boots. Let's put it this way. Before we moved itno our house, I turned the 4th bedtoom into a closet!:blink: Before you ask, there's not a stitch of my clothing in that closet.:laughing:

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
srt205,

They weren't hard to make......just very time consuming. :laughing:

·
Registered
7 Posts
ken i need that for my grilfriend she has the second bedroom as a closet and the bottem 4 ft of the room are shoe racks of all diffrent sizes metal, plastic and made out of bricks and planks of wood.

maybe i can talk the boss in to it. ( for some reason shes happy with it now? and it looks like crap) maybe i should sabatash it and make the high one fall ..... the have her ask me for somthing hmmmm.. i dont know why i did not think about that before!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Nice work there, Ken. Got anything in a size 88? That as in 88 pairs of shoes my daughter has. I think I would make the lumber yard sales quota if I purchased that much oak. lol.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Very nice - but I would need a bigger one for the wife boots...err.. I mean shoes. . . Gota try that lower one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts