Woodworking Talk banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Pffft! I MIGHT be impressed if they were in a bottle....

Just kidding obviously, my hats off to you. As TT said, world class.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Amazing work! Here is a case where I am truly glad someone resurrected an old thread. I would have never seen these amazing models otherwise. Thanks !

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have always wanted to build ships like that. I have tried 2 kits, and one came out just ok, Second one I got totally frustrated with and after it sat on a shelf for 6 years it got tossed in a fit of cleaning (I still regret that one). Some day I'll try it again. I think I was too young without enough patience. Its a huge time commitment, but the results, if done well, are stunning as demonstrated by the above photos.

·
Journeyman Wood Butcher
792 Posts
WoW:eek: Sure took the wind outta my sails:blink:
yeah...what he said....just when I thought I was doing a good job on my stuff. You know, nobody likes a show-off..

I'm kidding....great work Den. I'm am amazed. I'm lucky to keep my fat fingers away from the saw blade; there's no way in hell I'd ever be able to accomplish that fine detail work. Nice pics too.

regards,
smitty

·
Forgotten but not gone
5,677 Posts
densships
DENS MODEL SHIPS

Last Activity: 12-01-2009 09:52 PM

I think he did not activate thread notifications. I sent him an email to let him know his thread has been revived, maybe we'll hear from him. Last post in his blog was January, but he doesn't post there often either. He might be busy making model ships or something. I hear it takes a lot of time. :boat:

·
DENS MODEL SHIPS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Dens Model Ships

densships
DENS MODEL SHIPS

Last Activity: 12-01-2009 09:52 PM

I think he did not activate thread notifications. I sent him an email to let him know his thread has been revived, maybe we'll hear from him. Last post in his blog was January, but he doesn't post there often either. He might be busy making model ships or something. I hear it takes a lot of time. :boat:
I just wanted to say thanks to all for visiting my site, and for all the kind words.
Thanks Again,
Den :smile:

·
Banned
3,535 Posts
Holy crap! 300 hours just on the gild work? You must take a year or two for each boat, unless you have help, that is.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts