Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
DENS MODEL SHIPS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
Here is my latest ship model that I built from scratch, it is a scale 1/96, 64-Gun British Warship.

The model is 27" long x 12" wide, and 25" high mid-ship. And has 5 different deck levels, plank-on-frame construction. Total work hours on the model, 1,175, and about 10,000 pieces. About 61' of rigging.
Here is a few photos.

Thanks for your time,
Den

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thats pretty cool. You must have great eyes to make all those small parts. Awesome Work:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I went to your website, I see that is not the only one your have built :eek:. Feel free to post more pictures.

·
DENS MODEL SHIPS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fantastic job!
I thank everybody for the kind words, and for visiting my site.
Here is more photos of my ship models.
My current ship model in the making, scaled 1/48, the hull is 43" long x 12" wide x 9" high mid ship. The keel and frames are made out of pine, planked in cherry wood and popular. This model when finished will be about 6' long and about 3' high. All the gold work on the model will be surfaced with Genuine 23Kt Gold Leaf, it will look some what like the British Ship.

Thanks again,
Den

Attachments

·
DENS MODEL SHIPS
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Uss Constellation Model

I went to your website, I see that is not the only one your have built :eek:. Feel free to post more pictures.
Here is my USS Constellation Model
The Last Surviving Ship of the Civil War. The Constellation was built in 1854, the Sloop-of-War has 22-guns, its 176'long x 42'wide, and draws 21'of water. It was manned by 240 officers and men. She is the last all sail powered warship built by the US Navy. The model is made out of cherry wood, 100% scratch built, the scale of the ship is 1/96. The dimensions are 33"long x 26"high x 11"wide.

Thanks,
Den
CONSTELLATION PHOTOS

Attachments

·
Registered
624 Posts
very detailed and looks like an easy sell to those that even like ships.

but your items are worth more than $$$ really.

your covered this modeling quite well.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
densships

Great job on both ships

I will take one if you can build it full scale. I think I could live in it and have a wood shop in the lower decks. That would be way cool.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts