Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a glass artist always looking for new ideas in display. Recently a friend gave me some mesquite and with the help of all the people on this forum I dove in and sawed, sanded, sanded, sanded and finished this display base. The glass is a transparent blue which is stunning when backlit, the shell is a pearlized nautilus cut in half, so the back shows the chambers in the animal. The mesquite is 34 inches long with a live edge on the front and a solid 2 inch face on the back so it can display on a window ledge or mantle piece. Funny how in the photograph you see the stainless steel rods which keep the glass in place, in person you don't see them at all.

Thanx to all of you for your posts which help those of us not woodworkers learn techniques.

Especially thanx to CueroDoc and Lou Quallenberg for the specific mesquite tips.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Beautifully Done I love it :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Man, that is nice! I can see me putting some kind of light in the back to light it up in a dark room. I have a ton of rocks I am going to put with my woodworking builds, maybe I should switch to glass!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts