Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple years ago Sears had them on sale for $8 so I got one, but never found a use for it.
I am thinking I could mount it sidewise and use a wolverine jig to sharpen gouges. It ought to be easier than with a grinding wheel.

Anyone ever hear of this?

· Registered
4,801 Posts
If you've already got a wolverine jig, it doesn't get much easier. I believe there was a thread a while back about using tormek attachments for the worksharp, but I'm not sure.

· Registered
3,257 Posts
All sharpening systems require some user input. Whether you use a grinder, sanding disc, wet wheel grinder, or strip sander. They all require a learned skill and they all work. Most turners use a grinder because quite frankly it works really well.
Jigs like the Wolverine help tremendously but you still have to know what to grind and how long to stay in that spot to get the shape you want. I've seen a lot of ruined grinds using the Wolverine or other sharpening jigs because they just didn't understand this principal.
I made a video to try and help people correct some of those problems.

7,222 Posts
If you've already got a wolverine jig, it doesn't get much easier. I believe there was a thread a while back about using tormek attachments for the worksharp, but I'm not sure.
The thread I remember was about the Worksharp 3000 which can be fitted with an accessory toolbar, and it is this accessory which uses the Tormek jigs.

http://www.woodworkingtalk.com/f6/using-tormek-gigs-work-sharp-3000-a-39581/

For the Worksharp 2000, you would need to build something like Stumpy Nubs built. This video uses the Worksharp 3000, but should be able to make something similar for a Worksharp 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU9WecxUFfw

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.