Registered
3,339 Posts
Very cool.

Thank you for your service!

Reactions: usmc96gt

·
Pain in the A$$
1,904 Posts
Great box!! I'd love to make that for my wife. She's a huge shark week fan.

So, how did you attach the shark to the box? And the fin to the drawer?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great box!! I'd love to make that for my wife. She's a huge shark week fan.

So, how did you attach the shark to the box? And the fin to the drawer?
For the base I made a contoured shim I guess you can say. And the fin I taped around it, cleaned with mineral spirits, and used titebond 2 to attach it. Im not sure if thats the best way but I gave it a little stress test and it held really well.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ah man I wish I had a bandsaw now my wives little sister is 8 years old with disabilities and she absolutely loooooves sharks :). I really gotta get one anyway maybe something like this will help the wife decide to let me get another big tool.

·
Chairman of the 'Board
285 Posts
Ah man I wish I had a bandsaw now my wives little sister is 8 years old with disabilities and she absolutely loooooves sharks :). I really gotta get one anyway maybe something like this will help the wife decide to let me get another big tool.
Be sure to check out Diveheart.org. We take disabled people diving all the time so they can see things like sharks up close and personal. The most fun and challenging dives I have ever had were piloting disabled divers.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Be sure to check out Diveheart.org. We take disabled people diving all the time so they can see things like sharks up close and personal. The most fun and challenging dives I have ever had were piloting disabled divers.
Wow that is cool though I don't hunk it would work for her. She has a very rare disorder called antley bixler syndrome. She has a trache and all so she can't be submerged in water. Her make a wish was last year it was between seaworld and a meet and great with john travolta. They were able to get Mr travolta so she didn't get to to to sea world.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts