Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A client at work asked if I could make here something to replace her families old Michigan Rummy board.

Tableware Food Party favor

I thought about a series of 8 small bowls around a larger center bowl that will all be mounted to a board with a lazy susan under it. The small bowls are cherry and are (approximately) 4" in diameter and 2" tall. The center bowl is a piece of Port Orford cedar and is 6" in diameter and also about 2" tall. I'll post final pics over in the project section when it's finished.

Wood Dishware Bowl Tableware Plate

This is the first time I tried making bowls exactly the same size. I got close, but man that's harder than you think.

·
Registered
364 Posts
It looks like you have a good plan and a good start going there. Making a copy of something on a lathe has proven challenging to me, I can't imagine doing multiples like you have.....great job! Very impressive.

·
Registered
29 Posts
A client at work asked if I could make here something to replace her families old Michigan Rummy board.

View attachment 85614

I thought about a series of 8 small bowls around a larger center bowl that will all be mounted to a board with a lazy susan under it. The small bowls are cherry and are (approximately) 4" in diameter and 2" tall. The center bowl is a piece of Port Orford cedar and is 6" in diameter and also about 2" tall. I'll post final pics over in the project section when it's finished.

View attachment 85615

This is the first time I tried making bowls exactly the same size. I got close, but man that's harder than you think.
Yea, it's hard. Seems like it would be easy, doesn't it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts