Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang, I was wondering if any one has sold on etsy. I am considering trying this out. I guess I was wondering if it was worth it or not. Any experiences here? Thanks. In advance
Jim

·
Registered
142 Posts
I tried it several months ago and actually sold a few things. I'm getting ready to try it again pretty soon. It takes a bit to get everything setup but after that it's pretty easy and doesn't cost that much to sell stuff. Give it a try.

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
Theres quite a bit of work that goes into a successful Etsy store. I had one and didnt sell anything so I took everything off. I just didnt have the time or patience to deal with the networking involved. Once you build your page, you have to get people to it. Theres a whole network of people selling things there and you have to get into those networks to get your stuff out there. You like thier page, theyll like your page, theyll add you to thier groups, etc, etc, etc. Its definately possible to build a store and be very successful. Its just not as simple as making listing like you would on a site such as Ebay.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I looked into doing this last year. It seems easy to get started and doesn't cost too much. I played with the site awhile and found numerous vendors selling the same items and some of them have low or no sales. I think it would be good for starting out, but I dont think you would be "rollin' in the dough"

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I did not realize the like needed. Sounds more like facebook than eBay. I am not looking to get loaded off of it. I just want a little extra spending cash as well as some shop time. I think I will try listing a few items and see what happens. Hopefully it won't be more work than making the projects!

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Hey gang, I was wondering if any one has sold on etsy. I am considering trying this out. I guess I was wondering if it was worth it or not. Any experiences here? Thanks. In advance
Jim
i have tried etsy and no result's ,may have been the product?? also ebay, i have sold on that place before the number's were 1 million , the reason i don't do it now they have change the system so many time's i forgot about it, the wood product's are to heave to ship , making the cost more than the item is worth, so you just waste your momey, my 2 cents

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I did not realize the like needed. Sounds more like facebook than eBay. I am not looking to get loaded off of it. I just want a little extra spending cash as well as some shop time. I think I will try listing a few items and see what happens. Hopefully it won't be more work than making the projects!
i posted once but here is some more idea's , find a craft place where you can buy space in their and make a room with your stuff ? good luck on the etsy , of course it is to cold now up north for craft show's , their may be some craft show's some where ??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good idea on selling locally at a craft store. I don't know anyone personally, but maybe I could ask a couple of stores in town. Craft shows are out due to my schedule.
Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts