Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very new to this forum, so if I should be in some other part of it just let me know. I am refurbishing a Delta 14" band saw, older mod # 28-245. Am looking for a new or used or aftermarket rip fence assembly that I seriously need for the saw's primary purpose. Have tried Google and e-bay with no joy. Any one have a suggestion? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

CW

·
7,222 Posts

·
No Longer Here, BY CHOICE
2,442 Posts
I use the one board, two clamp method on my little saw. PITA if you ask me.

Heres a nice fence at Grizzly...

http://www.grizzly.com/products/T24966

I really like the fence on my G0555LX. I dont see it listed but I know Grizzly sells parts for all thier machines. It would be worth a call to see if the sell a fence and rails seperately. Im sure it would be cheaper than the Kreg I linked and any fence they sell for a 14" saw should work for you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Seeking Delta Part. Thanks to all who responded. Finally made a decision on a Kreg Precision, which is inbound from MInisota. Hope it is not stuck in a snowdrift. The Kreg seems to have good features and a low-tier price.
Thank you again, CW

·
Registered
95 Posts
I love my kreg precision fence for my delta bandsaw I got the micro adjust to go with it and a kreg resaw attachment piece cheap on eBay I love it

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
That's the band saw I have, and it has the Kreg fence. I really like it, though the knob that locks it down is a little bit of a knuckle buster. If you intend to do any resawing, at some point consider upsizing the motor, if you still have the factory 1/2 HP.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts