Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home today to my recent rockler purchase. My wife told everyone to get me rockler gift cards for Christmas and I came out pretty good. Now I just need to figure out how to attach this thing to my bench and wrap up my honey-dos. Time to start some hand toolin!

Attachments

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be fair and honest, I completely drained my tool fund (around ~$100) in addition to the cards. That being said, I don't think I'll regret this purchase.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Looks like good stuff that will suit you well for many projects. I would never have been able to get along with a bench vise so I installed one similar to that early in my woodworking and have used it quite a lot since then. The one thing that I love about mine that I don't see on yours is a quick release that lets you slide the outer face in and out quickly and then engage a gear that lets the handle do fine tuning to the distance. I would have found it a major annoyance to not have that.

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The box says Quick Release so I think I'm good - we'll see how it works out. I'm definitely all newbie in this arena so I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
The box says Quick Release so I think I'm good - we'll see how it works out. I'm definitely all newbie in this arena so I'll keep you posted.
Glad to hear it. I think I've seen ones without and I though yours was one of those. I may even be mistaken about that. It's such a handy feature that it wouldn't be surprising if they always come with it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I got my end vise from Grizzly. It does not have the quick release. Not a lot of fun when you have to move the vise several inches.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts