Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little different than the first but good practice.Now I need to do a little planning instead of just winging it on the shape and design.itchy

Attachments

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Looking good Gary ... how thick are the walls?

You'll probably want to take things down a bit thinner once you trust yourself and the wood a little more, but it's a tough judgement call on the segmented stuff since too thin and you really run the risk of stress separations due to differing movements of the different woods.

Paul

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup! About as thick as" The Great Wall of China" LOL!Seriously I'm a workin on that.I was thinking , that being its segmented I need some glue surface to keep it together,but not quite this much.Under the1" top ring its about 3/4"Gary

·
Kevin's Boss
69 Posts
Wow! Another beautiful bowl. I can't wait to make a bowl...my pen turned out really pretty, the wood that is; but it is a bit proud at the junctions. I really thought that I had sanded it down to the copper. Oh well, leaves lots of room for improvement :blink:.

The thicker bowls that I have seen in stores are labeled as fruit and/or salad bowls. Fruit bowls have to hold a lot of weight. Great job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts