Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got myself an old sears radial saw, it even came with the original user manual...but the model number (c48bp-118 off the motor) is unrecognizable to sears...and i'm on the phone with them...the rep. is telling me it must be another serial number on a plate somewhere, but i don't see it.

All i want to know is how to tune it...my blade is not square.

I'm just a beginner here...so if you can direct me to videos or whatever, that would be great!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Radai Arm Saw

Hi Moses,
Check the roller bearings and the runners in the arm of your saw for wear. You can turn the guide bars around if they are worn.
The arm is adjusted at the back with an allen key, loosen these bolts slighlty and do a test cut on some sheet material to see how out of square your cut is. Raise your blade out of the material and just have the saw tooth touching the wood. Tap the radial arm square with the palm of your hand and try another light cut. Repeat until you get it perfect.
You need to check your table is parallel to your blade, you may have to pack with a thin piece of card on the mounting point (S) to achieve this.
You have chosen to buy a good saw so stay with it. Any radial arm saw takes some setting up-but it is worth spending as long as it takes to get it right (I also own one!)
Paul

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hey man go to this link

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/index.action

It is the parts place for your saw. If you find your model number you can put it in to the box at the top right of that page. Your model number should be under the table on a sticker on the same metal piece that the crank is going through to raise the saw. It should be something like this 113.197702. That is the model number of mine and you could probably use that one if you can't find yours. If you can't get it PM me and i have the manual for my saw that i can send you via PM or E-mail.

·
Cabinetmaker
646 Posts
Moses: on the base is an ID plate with model number, mine is on the left side; Depending on how old may just start with 113

1 - 5 of 5 Posts