Woodworking Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
Let me introduce myself. Long time weekend woodworker and lurker of this site, some very interesting information here and I'm always in search of knowlege.

I finally joined the forum today to post my first question to this fine group of craftsman. Im looking for specific hardware that is found on the legs of furniture. Ive seen some online supply stores refer to them as toe caps, and others call them ferrules and I'm not sure what they are traditionally called. What im looking for is a metal (copper, brass, etc.) cover for the legs of a chair. Not your typical glide that attaches to the bottom of the leg, but a sleeve or cap that covers the entire 2"to 4" of the lower leg. Im looking for a rectagonal shape. Im going nuts trying to search for something Ive seen several times but have no idea where to find.

Anyone out there have any ideas where to locate this hardware.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Chazman
Denver, CO

·
Registered
803 Posts
Contact your local silversmith. Mine makes silver and zirconia side dot inlays and truss rods for my guitars and will do pretty much any metal smithing that I can throw at him. If you have specific dimensions that you need to meet...it's worth a shot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts