Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my shop I always try to think safety. Every now and then I like to sit down and work with my scroll saw. Working with the scroll saw I have found that most of the fine work your fingers are very close to the saw blade. I have often wondered what if my finger slipped and went into the blade? Just what is good safe working habits when working with this type of saw. I don't really want to learn a lesson on scroll saw safety the hard way.

·
havin fun gettin it done
203 Posts
Having done scroll saw work for over 20 years, you would almost have to try to do any serious damage to yourself working with a scrollsaw. I've had my fingers so close to the blade I can feel the heat from the cut being made. The fact that the blade is traveling in an up and down motion pretty much would prevent any serious injury unless you have real slow reflexes . I did have a blade break once and the end pierced a fingertip. Another thing to watch out for is getting a finger trapped under the wood if the blade catches and slaps the wood on the table

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.