Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I should state that any reason to get a new tool I'm all over it. So be careful if the suggestion is that my Incra wont be the right tool to make the things I want to make cuz then I'll have to scour the internet and find right one...gift and a curse right??? :laughing:

I scored these two items over the weekend. Owner built the cabinet, it's ok and will work for now. Nice set of bits 200+.

I want to make a toy chest for my niece and nephew and a briefcase for my dad and myself. The briefcases wont be a problem once I find plans.

The toy chest, if I want it to be say 18"-24" deep, and 36"-40" long, how tough will that be to box joint the ends to make it look nice? Doable on the Incra LS?

Something like this

·
Registered
834 Posts
I have the same setup and when I made my blanket chest I found that it was just to big to make it with that set up. I'm not saying it can't be done but I just didn't want to risk using it. It really didn't feel comfortable:thumbdown:.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've seen a fabbed up piece attached to the right angle to help support tall pieces.

I think once I get it set up I'll lay it flat, put a stop on the left side of the router bit the depth of the cut and slide it along the fence like I'm running a board through a table saw. Might have to use a roller on the right side to support the board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.