Woodworking Talk banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure when Schlage changed their keyed entry locksets, but I just bought some to replace some of mine at home. The problem, in my opinion, is that all of their keyed entry locks will always open from inside, regardless of whether they are locked or not. There are two main reasons I do not like this feature, which is I why I returned them for a refund. First, it makes it easier for little ones to get out of the house, and second, I know I'm going to lock my sorry-butt out one of these days! I have always purchased Schlage and I still believe they make a fairly decent lock, but they just pushed me out of their market with this little stunt. As much as I hate to admit it, I ended up buying Kwickset, which I've never been overly crazy about, but they will not open from the inside when they are locked. Now, I'm not sure if some new law will be requiring all manufacturers to function this way, possibly due to fire safety/egress issues, but I just don't like it. Just wanted to pass this on so you don't end up locked out this winter.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts